Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Prayer is... (fill in the blank)

I feel drawn to learn how to pray for organizations. One place I want to start is deepening my understanding of what prayer is. In a broad sense, I understand prayer as conversation with the sacred. But, I want to get to know more creative and personal images of prayer. So, here is my request and challenge to you. Fill in the blank, in one sentence or less: For me, prayer is _____: To get us started, I put some statements about prayer in this video.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Suz said...

For me prayer is usually not directed to "God", but more effectively to spirit, a goddess, an ancestor or other departed loved one, the moon or the wind, future, a dream of love and caring shared by many - and not so much in assurance, but always in hope.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

To me, prayer is a request that I let divine wisdom shine through my life and actions. It is an acknowledgment that I understand that when I am feeling troubled, I may not be seeing circumstances clearly so I ask for an opening of my vision. When trouble is not upon me, I pray showers of gratitude for what is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home